About the Entrepreneur Academy
The Northern Minnesota Entrepreneur Academy (NMEA) is a week-long program that teaches area high school students how to start and run their own REAL businesses. The purpose of the Entrepreneur Academy is to help students discover their entrepreneurial skills, provide opportunities to connect with area entrepreneurs, network with other northern Minnesota students, and encourage students to return to northern Minnesota to pursue careers.
The Headwaters Regional Development Commission is excited to bring NMEA to Northern Minnesota!
Register Now! Registration deadline has been extended to June 15th!
Over the course of the program, students will:
- Brainstorm business ideas
- Write a business plan
- Learn business finance
- Network with likeminded peers
- Pitch their business plan to potential “investors” (think Shark Tank®)
- Learn how to obtain startup funding
- Legally register their businesses
- Actually launch their own businesses
- Have the chance to win seed money to launch their own businesses!
This hands-on academy will be held at Bemidji State University. It's never too early to teach young people the basic principles of business and entrepreneurship. NMEA provides high school students with the principles and practices of entrepreneurship and how to start their own business through hands on activities, instruction from guest speakers, field trip to community businesses, and much more.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a high school student, entering grades 9-12 in the fall of 2018
- Be able and willing to commit to attend a five day academy on the Bemidji State University Campus.
- Have completed all northern Minnesota Entrepreneurial Academy student application forms.
Where: Bemidji State University Campus
When: July 9-13, 2018
Director: Ryan Zemek
Tuition for the Camp is $275 per student, which including the cost of tuition, lodging, supervised residences, breakfast, lunch and dinner, and transportation to field trips. Not included in this fee are transportation to Bemidji State University, and incidental costs incurred by participants.
Tuition assistance is available on request.