About the Entrepreneur Academy
The Northern Minnesota Entrepreneur Academy (NMEA) is a week-long program that teaches area high school students how to start and run their own REAL businesses. The purpose of the Entrepreneur Academy is to help students discover their entrepreneurial skills, provide opportunities to connect with area entrepreneurs, network with other northern Minnesota students, and encourage students to return to northern Minnesota to pursue careers.
The Headwaters Regional Development Commission is excited to bring NMEA to Northern Minnesota!
Over the course of the program, students will:
- Brainstorm business ideas
- Write a business plan
- Learn business finance
- Network with likeminded peers
- Pitch their business plan to potential “investors” (think Shark Tank®)
- Learn how to obtain startup funding
- Legally register their businesses
- Actually launch their own businesses
- Have the chance to win seed money to launch their own businesses!
This hands-on academy is held at Bemidji State University. It's never too early to teach young people the basic principles of business and entrepreneurship. NMEA provides high school students with the principles and practices of entrepreneurship and how to start their own business through hands on activities, instruction from guest speakers, field trip to community businesses, and much more.
Director: Ryan Zemek
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
STAY TUNED FOR NMEA SUMMER 2019!